December 20, 2007
- The Pete Meadows Baseball Program is playing host to its 14th annual Christmas Baseball Camp at Putt-Putt Golf & Games on Dec. 26-28 for ages 8-9 and 10-12. For further details, please visit www.petemeadows.com or call (706) 863-4979.
- The Pete Meadows Baseball Program is providing a series of special training sessions regarding a new Internet-Video Training technology for players ages 8-14. For further details on times and dates, please visit www.skilltrax.com or contact coach Meadows at (706) 863-4979.
- Next Level Baseball will offer its Pro Christmas Camp on Dec. 27-30 at Tallahassee C.C. and East Cobb Baseball Complex. The cost is $420 (early registration is $375), and enrollment is limited to the first 80 at each location. The camps are designed for students in grades 9-12. The camps feature an instructional league format, with two days of instruction and two days of games. The Tallahassee camp will be directed by Jeff Garber, of the Kansas City Royals, and the East Cobb camp will be directed by Clarence Johns, of the Houston Astros. All instructors are employed by Major League Baseball as scouts, player development instructors and minor league managers. For more information or to register, go to www.nextlevelbaseball.org. For questions, contact Doug Reynolds at (850) 590-7596 or Ryan Robinson at (850) 228-1594.
- The South Carolina Baseball Coaches Association will have its annual winter baseball clinic at the Marriot in Columbia on Friday, Jan. 18 and Saturday, Jan. 19 . Speakers include Kip Boutknight and Matthew LeCroy (MLB); Matt Fincher and Russell Triplet (USC Upstate); Mike Darnell (Cardinal Newman High); and Jamie Corr. The cost for the clinic is $45 for adult coaches before Jan. 1 , and $55 after that date. Students and players may come Saturday only for $10. More information and registration forms can be sound at scbca.net.
- The CSRA Baseball Umpires Camp, featuring Major League Baseball umpires Marvin Hudson and Fieldin Culbreth, will be held Jan. 19 at Westside High School from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. The camp is open to any umpire, from beginner to experienced amateur, and includes a Georgia High School Association clinic, Dixie Youth certification and United States Specialty Sports Association (USSSA) certification. Cost of the camp is $60. For more information, contact Ted Miller at email@example.com or (706) 564-0051.
- Professional baseball instruction is being offered. For more information, call Stephen Spragg at (706) 799-1271 or (706) 799-4019.
- Chain Baseball is coming to Augusta. The Georgia baseball organization will be opening an indoor facility in Augusta and will offer lessons, camps and teams in the local area. Call Robbie at (850) 445-9266 for more information.
- Hitting and defensive lessons in all areas of baseball are being offered by professional instructor Fernando Mickens. For more information, contact him at (706) 495-0395.
- Professional pitching instruction and an off-season conditioning program are being offered by former Cincinnati Reds pitcher Robbie Wachman. All instruction will be in Augusta. Please call (850) 445-9266 for more information.